Palmetto Electric, in conjunction with Santee Cooper, is giving you
the chance to sign up for South Carolina's first source of
renewable power generation.
We all share a vested interest in protecting the environment. That's why Palmetto Electric and Santee Cooper, offer Green Power. Ours is the first green power program in the state, and the only one that is Green-e certified.
Our Green Power Partners commit to buy a certain percentage of their energy as Green Power. By supporting renewable energy, these local businesses are helping to improve the environment and our community.
The Green Team is growing:
- There are 20 Green Power Solar Schools in S.C., with more on the way. Solar Schools are given a 2-kilowatt solar panel that provides a teaching, research and hands-on demonstration opportunity for students.
- 35 businesses statewide are Green Power Partners who commit to buy a certain percentage of their energy as Green Power.
- There are now 3 solar projects across the state – Coastal Carolina University, Technical College of the Lowcountry and Grand Strand Solar Station.
- The Green Power program is Green-e Energy certified, meaning it meets the minimum environmental and consumer protection standards established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions.
- And best of all, 100% of Green Power revenues are based for future renewable energy projects.
Since the launch of Green Power in 2001, the program has grown from one landfill site generating 2.2 megawatts to six landfills in Horry, Lee, Richland, Anderson, Georgetown and Berkeley counties generating 28 MWs (megawatts) of renewable energy.
Yes, I would like to get Green Power.
Sign Up Today!
For as little as $3 a month, you give Palmetto Electric Cooperative the power
to collect landfill gases to use as fuel to generate electricity. And for just two
dimes a day, we can have the environmental impact of recycling a half-ton
of newspapers or more than 10,000 aluminum cans a year. It's renewable
energy with no waste
and it can power our future.