This year’s Annual Meeting was far from normal. In the past, Palmetto Electric members have come together each year for the cooperative’s Annual Meeting. However, this year, the meeting looked a bit different. Due to the uncertainty of the current COVID-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members and employees in mind, Palmetto Electric made changes to the format of the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Drive-thru registration and voting
4,639 members were registered at the 2020 Annual Meeting, held October 8-10 at the Ridgeland office. Members were able to drive-thru, register, and cast a vote for proposed bylaw changes and a voting district question. Palmetto Electric employees were on hand to distribute registration gifts and assist members with any questions. The votes were overwhelmingly in favor of both the bylaw changes and the existing means of electing directors.
Business meeting livestreamed
The business portion of the Annual Meeting was held Saturday, October 10, beginning at 5 p.m. The business meeting was broadcast live, here, on the cooperative’s website, as well as our Facebook page. Members were able to watch and participate in the meeting from the safety and comfort of home.
Annual Meeting Door Prize Winners
- GRAND PRIZE, 2010 Ford Explorer XLT: Jannie Bush, Ridgeland
- Angler Kayak with Paddle: Dennis Sanders, Bluffton
- iRobot Roomba 675: Donald Connelly, Bluffton
- TCL 55” UHD HDR Roku Smart TV: Jerome Whetsell, Yemassee
- Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer: Peggy Deloach, Hampton
- Southern Steamers Steamer Cart: Eileen Fitzgerald, Hilton Head Island
- YETI Haul Hard Cooler: Jerry Simmons, Early Branch
- EGO Electric Lawn Mower: Larry Solomone, Bluffton
- Air Purifier: Michael Wallick, Bluffton
- $100 Walmart Gift Card: Norma Laprade, Bluffton
- $100 Walmart Gift Card: Josephine Timperman, Hilton Head Island
- $100 ACE Hardware Gift Card: Patricia Ann Sherman, Bluffton
- $100 ACE Hardware Gift Card: Elfis Murdaugh, Hampton