The communities served by Palmetto Electric Cooperative have a long history of coming together in times of crisis. The recent coronavirus outbreak and severe weather of Monday, April 13 have been no exception.
At Palmetto Electric Cooperative we remain focused on helping both our employees, as well as our members navigate these difficult situations. Our thoughts go out to all our employees and members impacted by the devastating storms that swept through our service area on April 13, as well as those who have been impacted by the coronavirus outbreak.
Because of the hardships that so many members are currently facing, Palmetto Electric recently announced the decision to return all retired Capital Credits early, by the end of April 2020.
Cooperative events, including the Annual Meeting, originally scheduled for May 2, have been postponed. The nominating process for Board elections has also been postponed. The cooperative will notify all members as soon as the Annual Meeting has been rescheduled and the nominating process resumes. Information regarding a new Annual Meeting date and Board elections will be distributed through multiple media outlets including newspaper, radio, South Carolina Living magazine, social media and online at palmetto.coop.
As of April 15, the additional updates will go into effect:
- The cooperative’s office lobbies will remain CLOSED until at least May 1. The drive-thru will remain open at each office. Palmetto Electric has adjusted employee work schedules and is working employees from home if possible. Palmetto Electric offers several electronic options for members to manage their accounts and make payments such as:
- MyEnergy Online
- MyEnergy Mobile App
- IVR phone number (1-866-445-5551)
- Bank Draft and Auto Pay
- The temporary suspension of disconnects for non-payment on ALL accounts, including Advance Pay, has been extended until at least May 1. Late fees on ALL accounts will also be waived. We encourage all members, including Advance Pay, to continue to make payments, as they are able. All members are still responsible for their electric use.
- The Community Rooms located at the Hilton Head, New River and Ridgeland offices will remain CLOSED until at least May 1. Any scheduled events will be canceled.
Palmetto Electric is committed to continue providing you with safe and reliable electric service. Operations crews are working and ready to respond to any outages. Member service representatives are available by phone to assist with account needs, as well as answering any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to reach us at one of the following numbers.
- Hampton: 803-943-2211
- Ridgeland: 843-726-5551
- New River: 843-208-5551
- Hilton Head: 843-681-5551
- Toll Free: 1-800-922-5551
The cooperative will continue to monitor the outbreak and take steps in accordance with federal, state, and local government agencies including the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to protect the health of our members, employees and community. Please be mindful the dates listed above could be extended. Please follow Palmetto Electric Cooperative on social media and our website, palmetto.coop, for continued updates.
Stay safe and healthy!