Our mutual admiration society
A. Berl Davis, Jr. | President & CEO
Posted November 1, 2015
We’re thankful for you — and grateful you feel the same way!
THANKSGIVING CAME EARLY at Palmetto Electric Cooperative this year: On October 6, we held a Member Open House at each of our four offices.
The special event was our way of showing appreciation for our members and to give them a chance to join in our 75th Anniversary Celebration. We served members hot dogs, chips and a cookie and gave away commemorative anniversary bags.
Most importantly, we shared quality time with our valued customers. Or, should I say, our valued members, because in a cooperative, consumers really are much more than customers. As member-owners of Palmetto Electric, you are part of an extended co-op family — and part of a proud lineage of local citizens who have made our community stronger for three-quarters of a century.
Judging by member comments that our employees shared with me, it seems we have a mutual admiration society going! Here are a few:
• “Your service is awesome and the rates are very reasonable for our area.”
• “When I flip the switch, the lights are always there.”
• “Very satisfied with your services. Always reliable.”
The next two comments were from members on Hilton Head Island:
• “After 30 years of living on the island, we have nothing but praise for Palmetto Electric.”
• “We are very happy. Reliable service and I really enjoy the look of the underground lines.”
• “I have been a member since the ’70s, and I am very happy.”
We look forward to our next 75 years of serving you. Happy holidays from Palmetto Electric Cooperative!
At our Ridgeland office, we were pleased to see some very special Palmetto Electric members — co-op retirees, including Edison Smith, shown here standing with a photo of himself and other Palmetto’s employees at the Ridgeland office in the 1950s. Another retiree who part of the group in the poster, Betty Smith (not pictured), also stopped by. Thanks for helping us get where we are today, Palmetto retirees!