A HEARTFELT “THANK YOU” to all 4,752 members who attended our Annual Meeting May 7. It was a day of fun for the entire family and an opportunity to update members on the condition of their cooperative. For those who couldn’t attend, here’s a brief recap:
- Four of your fellow members were re-elected to serve on the Board of Trustees. Incumbents Henry J. Driessen, Jr., James L. Rowe, D. Terrell Smith and Jeremiah E. Vaigneur were unopposed.
- Palmetto Electric Trust, through Operation Round Up, gave more than $375,000 in donations to individuals and organizations in need in our community.
- Bang for your buck—The co-op experienced favorable financial conditions in 2015, which resulted in the record payback of capital credits. Over the last three years, Palmetto Electric will have given back more than $11.5 million to our members. Due to lower wholesale power costs, we were also able to lower your kilowatt-hour charge for electricity. A recent survey shows that Palmetto has one of the lowest costs for electricity in South Carolina. This is an accomplishment of which we are very proud!
- Serving you safely—Quality customer service and safety practices are of utmost importance at Palmetto Electric. In 2015, we received an American Customer Satisfaction Index score of 87, 13 points higher than the average investor-owned utility. Because of our employees’ commitment to safety, Palmetto also won a statewide co-op safety contest in 2015. We received an outstanding rating on our Rural Electric Safety Achievement Program inspection, which marked us as the standard for all other co-ops in the state to emulate.
- Moving forward—Last year was a special one as we marked our 75th anniversary. As our year-long celebration came to a close, we reflected on the positive impact Palmetto, and rural electrification in general, had on this community.
Although we are proud of all that has been accomplished, we remain focused on the future through new projects, such as our community solar farms, and new technology, like our mobile app and social media. No matter how the times change, our original purpose stays the same.
It is our vision that Palmetto will remain a “leader in the delivery of superior service to our members by a team of employees that consistently demonstrate our cooperative’s values and principles.” Thank you for allowing us to serve you on a daily basis.