The health and safety of our members and employees is always our top priority, and we want you to know we’re monitoring the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We’re committed to helping both our members and employees navigate this situation and our thoughts are with everyone impacted by the coronavirus.
Effective, Tuesday, March 17, we will be taking the following proactive steps to protect the health of our employees and members:
Electric’s office lobbies will be CLOSED until at least March 31. The drive-thru will remain open at each
office. Palmetto Electric offers several
electronic options for members to manage their accounts and make payments.
- MyEnergy Online
- MyEnergy Mobile App – manage your account from your phone or tablet!
- IVR phone number (automated phone payment at 1-866-445-5551)
- Bank Draft/Auto Pay
- Payments can be taken at the drive-thru or night drop box at each district office.
- We are temporarily suspending disconnects for non-payment on ALL accounts, including Advance Pay until at least March 31. We know that these are uncertain and stressful times, and we hope that this offers members peace of mind during their time of need. We encourage all members, including Advance Pay, to continue to make payments as they are able. All members are still responsible for their electric use.
- The Community Rooms located at the Hilton Head, New River and Ridgeland offices will be CLOSED until at least April 18th. Any scheduled events will be cancelled.
- Marketing technicians will no longer be performing Energy Audits in members’ homes or businesses. Members can call the office to speak with a Marketing Representative with any energy concerns.
Please note that during times of emergency, we often see an increased number of phone scams. These scam calls threaten to disconnect your services unless immediate payment is made. Palmetto Electric will NOT be disconnecting meters for non-payment at this time. We must all be diligent against these types of scams!
Operations crews will be working normal hours and are ready to respond to any outages. Member service representatives are also available by phone to assist with account needs, as well as answering any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to reach us at one of the following numbers.
- Hampton: 803-943-2211
- Ridgeland: 843-726-5551
- New River: 843-208-5551
- Hilton Head: 843-681-5551
- Toll Free: 1-800-922-5551
The cooperative will continue to monitor the outbreak and take steps in accordance with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to protect the health of our members, employees and community. Please be mindful the dates listed above could be extended. Please follow us on social media and our website for continued updates.