Off-Peak Water Heating Program
The H2O Select water heater provides plenty of hot water when you need it, and operates only during off-peak hours, when demand for electricity is lowest. That saves Palmetto Electric money, and we pass the savings on to you.
Select one of two easy options:
REBATES*: Purchase a new electric water heater and get money back!*
- $250 for a new 80 gallon or larger off-peak electric water heater.
- $150 for a new 50 to 79 gallon off-peak electric water heater.
- $100 for a new off-peak Heat Pump or Solar/electric water heater that’s 50 gallon or larger.
- Conversion bonus: Get an extra $100 if you switch from gas to off-peak electric water heating.
- New Home Bonus: Get an extra $100 when you build a home with off-peak electric water heating.
TURN KEY OPTIONS*: We’ll make all the arrangements and make the payments easy! You pay nothing up front! **
Turn Key option includes a new energy efficient off-peak electric water heater, basic installation,disposal of old tank, and 60 month payment plan.
Choose from three tank options available.
- Rheem Professional Classic: standard water heater with a 6-year manufacturer’s warranty*.
50-gallon ($12 per month)
- Rheem Marathon: water heater with a Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty*.
50 gallon ($19 per month)
85 gallon ($20 per month)
105 gallon ($23 per month)
- Rheem® Professional Prestige™ Hybrid Heat Pump water heater with a 12-year manufacturer’s warranty*.
80-gallon (Call for quote)
Home Builder Program
For all new residential construction, call Palmetto Electric or ask your builder for details specific to your neighborhood. Be sure to ask your builder to install a Marathon Water Heater with a lifetime warranty.
Free Water Heater Repair Service
Repair coverage during first 60 months includes diagnostic inspection, elements, thermostats, P&T valve, internal wiring and basic repair labor. After the fifth year coverage is limited to diagnostic inspection and thermostats.
How Do I Cash In On The H20 Select?
- For a REBATE: Contact a plumber to install your new water heater, (Remember to always meet local codes and PEC’s Installation Requirements). Complete the H2O Select Enrollment Application and send it to us.
- For the Turn Key Option: Complete the H2O Select Enrollment Application and send it to us. Then, we will make all the arrangements for you.
- After your new water heater is installed and we have received the H2O Select Enrollment Form, we will schedule to connect an off-peak switch to your water heater. The switch must be connected for a minimum of 10 years.
H2O Select Enrollment Application
H2O Select Guidelines
* Only one rebate per home. Rebate comes as a bill credit. Additional charges may apply. See manufacturer’s warranty for complete details. Repair coverage during first 60 months includes diagnostic inspection, elements, thermostats, P&T valve, internal wiring and basic replacement labor. After the fifth year coverage is limited to diagnostic inspection and thermostats.
A new U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) energy efficiency rule took effect on April 16, 2015. Product changes and disruptions for large electric water heaters