YOU CAN GO SOLAR WITHOUT INSTALLING PANELS ON YOUR ROOF
All shares for Palmetto Electric’s two solar farms sold out as of 12:30 PM, Sunday, December 4, 2016. If you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please sign up through our online enrollment.
Community Solar lets you share in the benefits of solar power, even if you can’t, or prefer not to, install solar panels on your property. All eligible PEC residential member accounts have the opportunity to purchase a maximum of 3 shares of solar power from the two Community Solar Farms now under construction. Solar panel shares are limited and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
COMMUNITY SOLAR ADVANTAGES
- It’s hassle free. No holes in your roof. No system to set up and maintain.
- No maintenance, no solar panel cleaning, and no safety concerns.
- No burdensome homeowner association restrictions.
- Subscriptions are transferrable to a member’s new address within PEC’s territory.
- Community Solar creates clean energy that’s environmentally friendly.
|ENROLLMENT CHARGE||MONTHLY CHARGE||MONTHLY SOLAR PRODUCTION CREDIT|
|$75 Non-refundable fee||$13 per share||10 cent credit per kWh (based on how many shares you have and the monthly output per share.)|
- Decide how many shares of solar power you would like to purchase (maximum 3 shares per account).
- Complete the online enrollment, beginning December 1, that indicates the number of shares you wish to purchase with your subscription. Each share is $13 per month.
- Submit your subscription enrollment online to be added to our sign up list. Your electric account will be charged a $75 non-refundable enrollment fee upon approval.
- Once your subscription enrollment is approved, you will be notified.
- Start receiving credits on your monthly electric bill. Each month you will receive credit for a portion of the solar energy production from the Community Solar farm. Your credit is based on how many shares you have selected and the monthly output of the solar farm.
What is community solar?
Solar communities are groups of solar panels installed at one location. They offer you a solar energy option. This means you can have the benefits of solar energy without needing to have equipment attached to your home.
Who can participate?
Any eligible residential member in good standing may participate in the Community Solar program on a first-come, first-served basis (excluding non-metered, lighting, levelized billing, advance pay and net metering accounts).
Am I buying a portion of the community solar farm or just the energy from it?
You are subscribing to a share(s) of the energy produced by the solar farm.
Are there participation term limits?
The minimum term participation is 2 years, requires a 30 day written notice of cancellation, and will continue at 1 year concurrent terms.
Is there a limit to how many shares I can choose?
The minimum subscription is 1 share. The maximum is 3 shares.
Is the $75 enrollment fee per share?
No, the enrollment fee is $75 regardless if you purchase one, two, or three shares.
What is a share?
A share is a one kW unit of solar panels.
What is the average solar production per month?
One share will produce an average of 150* kWh per month.
What is the average solar production credit per month?
At an average of 150* kWh X 10 cent/kWh, the credit would be $15 per month for one share.
If my solar subscription produces more energy than I use, does the co-op buy
If your subscription produces more energy than your home consumes in one month, the extra solar energy goes into a “bank” on your account that will be used in the next month or months. Any accumulated excess energy not used shall be reset to zero each June 1.
What if there is storm damage to the community solar farm?
If the Community Solar arrays are damaged during a storm, you will receive your share(s) of the energy produced by any non-damaged panels while repairs are made.
What happens if I move?
If you move to another home served by the co-op, the solar energy subscription moves with you. If you move out of the co-op’s service area, your subscription will be cancelled. However, the enrollment fee paid when beginning the program is non-refundable and a $25 exit fee may apply.
* Solar energy production will fluctuate month to month based on weather and time of year.