Palmetto Electric, in conjunction with Santee Cooper, is giving you the chance to sign up for South Carolina’s first source of renewable power generation.
We all share a vested interest in protecting the environment. That’s why Palmetto Electric and Santee Cooper, offer Green Power. Ours is the first green power program in the state, and the only one that is Green-e certified.
Our Green Power Partners commit to buy a certain percentage of their energy as Green Power. By supporting renewable energy, these local businesses are helping to improve the environment and our community.
The Green Team is growing:
- There are 28 Green Power Solar Schools in S.C., with more on the way. Solar Schools are given a 2-kilowatt solar panel that provides a teaching, research and hands-on demonstration opportunity for students.
- 30+ businesses statewide are Green Power Partners who commit to buy a certain percentage of their energy as Green Power.
- There are now 5 solar demonstration projects and 3 solar farms across the state – Coastal Carolina University, Technical College of the Lowcountry, Grand Strand Solar Station, Center for Advanced Technical Studies, Trident Technical College Berkeley, Bell Bay Solar Farm, Jamison Solar Farm, and Runway Solar Farm – and 1 wind turbine in North Myrtle Beach.
- Green Power is Green-e Energy certified, and meets the environmental and consumer-protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at www.green-e.org.
- And best of all, 100% of Green Power revenues are based for future renewable energy projects.
Since the launch of Green Power in 2001, the program has grown from one landfill site generating 2.2 megawatts to 6 landfills in Horry, Lee, Richland, Anderson, Georgetown and Berkeley counties generating 28 MWs (megawatts) of renewable energy.
Yes, I would like to get Green Power.
Sign Up Today!
For as little as $3 a month, you give Palmetto Electric Cooperative the power to collect landfill gases to use as fuel to generate electricity. It’s renewable energy with no waste and it can power our future.