What Is Levelized Billing?
Levelized Billing makes your electric bills nearly predictable. Under Levelized Billing, each monthly bill is the rolling average of your electric usage for the most recent 12 months. For instance, this month’s bill would be the average electric usage of the previous 11 months, plus this month.
Your electric bill will change only slightly from month to month, and the 12-month rolling average guards against drastic changes in your bill, even during the coldest and hottest months.
The only time you have to reconcile your account is when you leave the Palmetto Electric system or when you decide you no longer want to participate in the Levelized Billing Plan.
How Do I Qualify For Levelized Billing?
You can participate in Levelized Billing if you meet the following simple requirements:
- You must be a co-op member for at least 12 months at the same service location.
- You must have an acceptable credit history.
- You must keep your account current, by paying the Levelized Amount Due on each monthly bill.
- The account to be put on Levelized Billing must start with a zero balance.
How Much Does it Cost to Participate?
Levelized Billing is free. There are no sign-up charges or monthly fees. All you need to do is keep your account current – which is easy if you also participate in our Auto-Pay or Bank Draft Program.
- For more information, contact your local Palmetto Electric office.